Chris Hayner is a technologist with deep roots in infrastructure and security. He started out as a Linux/UNIX administrator and grew to design, manage, and secure, enterprise-level datacenter and cloud environments and projects. Chris holds an MBA from Temple University, as well as a wide variety of industry certifications in datacenter and cloud technologies.
Chris was born in New Jersey, currently lives just west of Philadelphia, PA, is an avid if unaccomplished runner, and absolutely abhors talking about himself in the third person.
Skills - Interpersonal and Business Focused
|Infrastructure and IAM Security||Operations and Strategy||Cost Management and Analysis|
|Business Analysis||Process Improvement||Technical Writing and Editing|
|Migrations and Greenfield Design||High Availability and Disaster Recovery||Business Needs Mapping and Resource Utilization Assessments|
Skills - Technical
|Process Design and Deployment||Migrations and Greenfield Deployments||Datacenter Hardware Deployment and Management|
Recent Work Experience
Based in the Greater Philadelphia area, Anexinet is an enterprise-class consulting firm that provides products and services to design, build and run modern digital platforms, with and for their customers. Anexinet offers services in the areas of analytics and insights, cloud and hybrid IT, and enterprise mobile application development.
|Head of Infrastructure Solutions and Presales||Sep 2021 - Mar 2022|
New responsibilities in addition to duties outlined below:
- Managed a team of Presales Architects for all of Anexinet Infrastructure Services.
- Had direct input and final approval on Infrastructure Solutions, and interfaced with Sales and Marketing to craft materials, stories, battle cards and other materials to support the publicizing and sale of those Solutions.
|Enterprise Solutions Architect / Delivery Manager||2018 - Mar 2022|
- Built solutions for clients centered on infrastructure and cloud technologies while supervising a team of Infrastructure and Cloud architects, with indirect authority over as many as 30 IT professionals in a matrixed environment.
- Lead end-to-end project management, from initial client buy-in through to proposal development, execution, and project close-out.
- Authored and edited a broad array of technical documentation, as well as content for blog posts, webinars, white papers, infographics, and podcasts.
- Collaborated with legal counsel on the development and approval of statements of work for infrastructure projects.
|Infrastructure Architect - Infrastructure Group||2013 - 2018|
- Led the design, deployment, and upgrade of hardware and software solutions that included HP and Cisco equipment, VMware vSphere, and RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Oversaw training and technical documentation to ensure a seamless management transition of new environment to clients.
- Served as a resource for Presales technical guidance as well as post-sale technical support.
Temple University is a public R1 research university headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Temple offers over more than 500 academic programs, including undergraduate and graduate degrees and certificates, professional degrees and certifications, and continuing studies opportunities at their Main Campus, worldwide satellite campuses, and online.
|Assistant Director of Systems / Assistant Director of ERP||2007 - 2013|
- Maintained the performance and availability of information systems for the Computer Services Department. Implemented and managed a server environment supporting applications running on hundreds of systems in production, development, and pre-production environments.
- Expanded virtual environments to encompass more than 75% of production and pre-production servers, securing substantial gains in efficiency and productivity. Introduced the university’s first virtual desktop project.
- Led the design, installation, and administration of a Sungard Banner ERP system (The first ERP system in Temple University's history).
- Assisted with end-of-life management and decommissioning of IBM mainframes running OS/390 and z/OS.
Montgomery County Community College
Montgomery County Community College ("MC3") is a public community college located in Blue Bell, PA. MC3 has two satellite campuses located in Pottstown and Lansdale, PA. It is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, and has received top rankings in the state of Pennsylvania for seven programs, including Information Technology.
|Adjunct Professor - CIS Department||Jan 2020 - Present|
- Teaches several courses, including Introduction to Linux and Introduction to Cloud Computing.
- Serves as a member of the CIS Advisory Committee.
- Designed the curriculum for the Introduction to Cloud Computing class.
- Designed the curriculum for the upcoming Introduction to AWS Cloud Computing Class.
Education and Certifications
|Temple University||Masters of Business Administration||2013|
Beta Gamma Sigma
|Temple University||Bachelor of Arts Degree in Management (Computer Science)||2002|
University and Business School Honors Programs
NOTE: Current certifications and their status available at credly
- Microsoft Certified Educator
- Microsoft AZ-900
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Solutions Architect - Associate
- VMWare VCP5 Certified